Disneyland

Disneyland

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ohio here we come!

Numbered List


Well after many days of anticipation and lots of preparation, our Ohio trip finally arrived. The day started out early (4:30 a.m. early) and didn't bother the kids in the slightest. Alyssa had only 2 1/2 hours of sleep since arriving home from girl's camp in the middle of the night. And yet she was even chipper than normal. I wish the parents could adapt as easily. I was tired.
Nonetheless we got off just fine from the airport. Since the airlines charge for each piece of luggage you check in we decided to save money and take all carry -ons. Each child had a pull luggage and a backpack with things to do. I thought it would be a little difficult to navigate it all but everyone did great.
Our first flight was to Detroit and it was 3 1/2 hours. The kids did awesome! Traveling has sure become easier with them. They each self entertained for the majority of the way. I was even able to get a little shut eye and read a book. Amazing!! I told Roger that we are now ready to attempt a trip to Hawaii, I think the kids passed the test.
Things got a little hairy when we arrived into Detroit a little late and only had 45 minutes until our next flight out. We had to book it on the tram, the psychedelic tunnel and many moving walk ways. We made it just in time to walk on.
The flight was fast and soon enough we were in the waiting arms of Grammy and Grandpy. It is sure fun to be here.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids would do ABSOLUTELY FINE on the trip to Hawaii. Jocelyn did fine and she's younger than Brianna. Seeing is believing and I think Roger owes you guys a week in paradise!

    Good to know you made it okay.

    ReplyDelete