
We have been very fortunate that in the last 6 months we have had 2 temple open houses in our area. This is a rare thing anywhere, especially here. The kids were so excited to finally be able to see inside a place they have wondered and heard so much about. We went to the Draper Temple as a family in February. It was quite the production to get there, from parking at various churches to waiting for an hour to watch a video and then boarding a bus to the temple. It was worth it though to see the kids reactions and see their enthusiasm about the various rooms.

Well when the opportunity came to attend yet another one I wasn't quite as enthusiastic to get there. But my kids kept asking to go and then I realized how pathetic I was being. Here my kids were begging to go to the House of the Lord and I didn't want to because of the hassle it would be for me. After that wake up call, I scheduled a time and off we went.
This time around was a little more pleasant. We went early in the morning and it wasn't very crowded. We were able to enjoy our experience and it allowed us to talk more openly about the temple. We felt at peace there and our testimonies were shared. I am thankful that I didn't miss this great opportunity to be with my kids and strengthen our relationships and testimonies.
The temple was gorgeous of course, and the kids especially loved the Celestial room and the mirrors in the sealing room. I hope they always remember the beauty and feelings they had there and put it at the top of their goal list to someday enter the temple. Thanks goodness for my faithful children and their strength to keep me on the straight and narrow.
I'm glad you repented of your selfish, slothful ways and took your little darlings to the temple. About time you put their needs in front of yours!
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, I'm glad you went. It's my favorite temple thus far. Did you just imagine your daughters in the bride's room and sealing rooms? Oh, the swish of white taffeta and sparkles from their young eyes as they are about to be married. I cry every time I go to a bride's room especially following my adorable four year old.