My kids had a very special treat tonight. They were able to experience the pure and simple joys of fireflies or lightening bugs as they like to call them here in Ohio. Alyssa remembers them from when she was little but Ryan and Brianna have never experienced them in real life.
Brianna and Elizabeth spent at least and hour and a half catching and releasing the cute little bugs. It was especially fun when they caught them in their hair and they would giggle uncontrollably as their head lit up. They caught several and put them in a jar and watched with fascination as the jar would glow. Brianna thought it was the best thing ever and she is so excited that we have at least 9 more nights than we can enjoy these wonderful creations.
That is one experience I wish we had gotten to do when we were down in Dallas a couple years ago, but we weren't out in the country at dark. I remember lightening bugs. One of my favorite childhood memories. Loved them! Will have Jocelyn and Tyler come watch . . . .
ReplyDeleteJocelyn says "cool" and "I love Brianna"
Tyler says "It looks really cool when they light up and I hope you had fun catching them."
The second video was really clearly lighting up!