Our family and 650,000 of our closest friends decided to attend the annual Red, White and Boom here in Columbus. It is the city's big firework production. It is right along the river front in the downtown area. It is sponsored by one of the local radio stations and news stations. It is a "big" deal.
Surprisingly my in-laws have never attended this event in person. They usually watch it on the evening news. Well they got more than they bargained for when I came to visit. I love the fireworks. I love to be so close that my whole body vibrates and you could feel the boom in your chest. So I really wanted to go and wonderfully they obliged. Even Roger went with only a minor amount of grumbling.
The fireworks were pretty amazing. They were set to the music that the radio station was playing. I felt the boom. Brianna and Ryan loved it. Alyssa hates loud noises but she tolerated it for me. I am glad we went although I am not sure I would do it again. I was happy to return to the quiet safe haven of Grammy's house when it was all over.
Surprisingly my in-laws have never attended this event in person. They usually watch it on the evening news. Well they got more than they bargained for when I came to visit. I love the fireworks. I love to be so close that my whole body vibrates and you could feel the boom in your chest. So I really wanted to go and wonderfully they obliged. Even Roger went with only a minor amount of grumbling.
It was an absolute madhouse once we got downtown. There were so many people that you could barely walk. Roger said that it brought out all the white trash of Ohio. My kids received more of a "wordly" education just standing in line for the bathrooms than they have their whole life. Alyssa didn't like the atmosphere at all and Ryan kept pointing out things you rarely see in Utah. Nonetheless, we persevered.

Amazing pictures!!! I'm going to play the video for the kids in the morning. Wow.
ReplyDeleteYeah, we exposed the kids to a small bit of life outside of Utah when we were in Myrtle Beach. Big difference, isn't it?
Forgot to post that the kids watched the video 3 times. Tyler said "Is THAT a grand finale?" We didn't stay out late enough to see Thanksgiving Point's so he was seriously impressed by your video. Looks like we're going to have to be sure the kids see professional fireworks next year.
ReplyDeleteHope you're having fun!!!!!