Disneyland

Disneyland

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ryan's Past Birthdays

I thought I would take a walk down memory lane. So here are pictures of all of Ryan's birthday cakes for the past 9 years.



On his first birthday we put the highchair out on the lawn and let Ryan go crazy with his cake. He was somewhat timid at first but by the end he was covered from top to bottom. I love the picture that makes him look like he has a beard. (I can almost flash forward to the future.
When he was done, Dakota, our dog at the time, helped clean him off by licking the frosting. )




When Ryan was 2, he loved anything and everything to do with balls and tractors. It was much easier to make a cake look like a ball than a tractor so that is what he got.








This is the era of dinosaurs. He couldn't get enough of them so we had a dinosaur cake.








We were still very much into dinosaurs and all kinds of creatures at the age of 4. We had a Dora the Explorer/Dinosaur themed party. This was his first party where he invited friends over.






Age 5 brought about the love for super heroes. We had his party at the bowling alley with friends and cousins.





At age 6 we went and played laser tag for the first time. We had so much fun, but mom did not know how to make a cake for that theme so therefore we went with the basic standby of Happy Birthday.






Ryan started truly loving sports at the age of 7. We had a sports party and of course the cake sported his two favorite teams, BYU and Ohio State.


Laser tag was so much fun that we did it again for his 8th birthday. But he was also loving golf, thus the golf cake.







And finally this year, his Nerf gun party. This cake is supposed to look like a target but my coloring was a little off. Oh well, it was three layers high and still cool.


I wonder what next year will bring . . .



2 comments:

  1. Great post! He was such a little doll when he was tiny. I didn't know him back then. What an angel. I think this is one of my top 3 favorite posts you've done. So charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I got the wonderful idea from you. I just posted another flashback but it comes up before this one. It shows more of his cuteness when he was little.

    ReplyDelete