Disneyland

Disneyland

Friday, April 10, 2009

Ryan and A.L.L.

Today after two months of anticipation and agonizing, Ryan finally received the results for the A.L.L. (accelerated learning lab) testing. He was accepted into the program!! Here is his look of surprise as he read the letter and realized he made it. That was about all the emotion he showed (he definitely takes after his father in that way). But in spite of his calm demeanor I know he was excited.


As a mom I was quite thrilled. Alyssa has really enjoyed the A.L.L. classes and they truly provide many more unique and fun learning experiences. When Alyssa tested, it was never any question of whether or not she would get into the class. You could just tell by her personality that it was the right fit for her. Ryan on the other hand is so calm, quiet and unassuming that I truly didn't know where he was at as far as school and tests and so forth. Well this answered my question and I think it is a real boost for him as well.

The only thing left to do is figure out how I am going to handle the juggling of schools. Alyssa will be in the junior high, and Ryan will be in the existing elementary and yet Brianna will have to attend to new school. It will be quite the running around for me and I am not excited about that. But if this is what Ryan wants, I know it will be good for him and I will make the necessary adjustments. It should be a great year next year!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Tyler is stoked. His thankful for tonight was that we went to Charleston and that he got into ALL with Ryan. Super great!!!!

    ReplyDelete