Disneyland

Disneyland

Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Ryan














Today is Ryan's Birthday! My boy is now 9 years old. I am not ready for him to be that old yet, but I guess I don't have much say in the matter.

We started the day off with donuts and opening presents from Grammy. She sent him many cool science toys. His favorite is the Zero Blaster which is a gun that shoots smoke rings. He also got a remote control car that climbs on walls. Is still freaks me out to see this car going over my head. It is pretty cool.























Since it was our last day of spring break as well we decided to combine a birthday celebration with a lot of play. We went to classic skating with Aunt Missy and our cousins.











In the beginning we practically had the place to ourselves, which is a good thing considering we had many novice skaters. I was a little put off by the sign that read "If you are over 21 years old the risk of injury increases and we recommend that you don't skate". Well I used to be a "pro" skater (or so I thought), so the sign did not deter me. (Of course I am just slightly over 21 so I figured it would be OK.) Eventually the little kids rode their scooters which allowed all of us to cruise the rink many times.













Classic Skating also has a huge jungle gym called "The Jungle" and it has all kinds of obstacles to climb on and swing on and so forth. Even Aunt Missy and I ventured inside. There were also all kinds of huge inflatable slides and ladders and obstacle courses. We went nonstop for four hours. We had a great time and it wore us all out as can be seen by the bright red faces.















We ended our time there playing in the arcade and winning prizes. I believe fun was had by all and it was an especially good day for Ryan.

That evening we met up with Daddy to go out to eat. Ryan picked the restaurant Rubios because he has a thing for taquitos right now. I am glad we aren't always stuck at McDonalds anymore.

Before bedtime, Ryan got to play "Lord of the Rings" online with daddy. He loves that game and I foresee him being a fantasy gamer in the future just like his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment