10. Body for Life. I guess, Roger and I are a glutton for punishment so we decided to do another serious 12 week session of this wonderful diet. Two more days until free day!!
9. The death of tadpole number two. Fortunately we just got him and did not have time to bond yet. I just don't think it ever acclimatized after it's cross country trip in the mail. Maybe the third time is the charm . .
8. Wind, snow, more wind, cold temperatures, wind, clouds, wind, the sun peaking out, wind and rain.
7. Spending an hour cleaning up sagebrush in our yard from our past several storms only to have them blow in the next day with . . . . you guessed it . . . the wind.
6. Baseball tryouts. Ryan had to wait in a line at the ball field for 2 1/2 hours for his chance to hit five pitches and throw two balls to first base in front of at least 20 different coaches. Since this is our first experience in this upper league we really didn't care which team he was put on, but apparently the coaches care and it's big business.
5. Alyssa had her first official camp meeting for Young Women's this week. She is just not old enough to be going to girls camp and I am not old enough to have to be planning my summer around it.
4. Five of six days have been declared pajama days by Brianna. She went to Walgreens, Grandma's house, been outside and even played at Brianna Wheelers house in her pajamas. You can tell that she is my youngest because I have come to believe that pj's and winter boots are quite fashionable.
3. Addison's baby blessing. It was nice to get together as a family to celebrate such a wonderful event. Later in the day we gathered at Grandma's house and had a big family dinner. It is always nice to get the cousins together and to be able to visit as adults.
2. Conference. Our family had a great time lounging in our pj's and listening to the many uplifting talks. It is always wonderful to be spiritually fed and encouraged in spite of the hardship of the times.
1. Sunburn!!! Yes, one day this week we actually had sunshine and 70 degree weather. I actually got a small sunburn on my neck. We all soaked up the sunshine every minute we could before it went away. I went to the nursery just to get excited about plants and green. I got my garden prepared and even planted the peas. The kids played nonstop and went to beds with smiles on their faces. It gives me hope that spring may come . . eventually.
Wonderful post. Way to prioritize. In my opinion, you should totally photograph the ensembles Brianna is creating. It'll come in handy when she's Alyssa's age. LOL. Thanks for posting so your loser friend can catch up on all of your business. And 2.5 hours for #6. That seems way to competitive for my taste. It's not like they're in high school. Wow!
ReplyDelete