Another birthday has come and gone, another year older, another year wiser(?). I have to admit there are many things I don't enjoy about becoming older. My body aches more often and I am a much slower runner than I used to be. I have the occasional mental blocks where I can't remember the name of common household items or even my children's names. I sometimes enter a room and for the life of me can't remember why. But I am still doing my best to fight the battle. I still run and deal with the aches. I make up my own names for things and call my kids whatever I want. And when I enter a room and can't remember why, I use it as an opportunity to sit down and relax until it comes to me. I just hope I can keep up with myself.But I do want to say that this birthday this year just reminded me of how blessed I am and how many wonderful experiences and people I have met in my lifetime. My day started out with homemade cards from my children. Then Brianna brought me breakfast in bed. She made me a peanut butter sandwich and she was very generous with the peanut butter (she informed me that we were all out of ham). She then sat with me in bed to ensure that I enjoyed eating the whole thing. It was sweet.

Roger took the day off to help me catch up around the house. We went to a nice lunch at Pei Wei. When the kids got home Roger had them help clean the whole house as a birthday present to me.
Throughout the day I got various phone calls, visits, gifts, and cards from so many people. I truly felt loved and special as you should on your birthday. We ended the day with a nice dinner, prepared by my hubby of course, and chocolate molten lava cakes.

I am thankful to everyone and I am honest in saying that I am loving this time of my life. I am happy and blessed and loved by truly amazing people. What more could I want?
Your baby pictures are adorable. What an amazing thing to have available! And nobody even comments about chubbiness back then, huh? It's all adorable and cute and precious. Remember that when you look in the mirror now, okay? Still you, still cute no matter how achy or slow (mentally and physically!) you may be now.
ReplyDeleteAs a matter of fact, you're probably just getting younger on the inside. Seriously! Ask a 3 year old to recant something to you and they're just as slow as we are at recalling it or telling the story.
And think about how many times you've sent a child to the other room to do something and then find that child sitting down, doing something else waiting to remember.
Yep, you're getting younger.
Many Many happy wishes for you.