This morning at about 10:15 a.m. I heard the garage door open. At first I panicked knowing that no one should be coming home at that time. But I soon heard Roger's footsteps walking on the kitchen floor. He had an appointment cancellation at his office and decided to run home and say hi. He brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers and a card too. What a sweet surprise.

I realized that I haven't ever written about how thoughtful Roger is to me. There are many many times when he brings me flowers for no particular reason except to say he loves me. I used to think that flowers were a waste of money since they just die but I have since changed my mind. I love them and they bring me joy especially at this time of year. Thankfully he realized their value before I did.
He always calls me and asks me if I need anything picked up before he comes home. He has saved me many trips to the store just because he asks. He is currently sending me an e-mail every day to tell me something he loves about me. Today he sent me #48. I look forward to these e-mails every day and without fail they make me smile.

Roger loves his children but he has never ever denied the fact that he loves me more. He tells the kids this often and shows them by constantly putting me first. He always gives me the middle cinnamon roll because it is the softest or the best place to sit and so forth. He wants his children to know that their father loves his mother.
Today I had a headache and a sore back. So he gave me a massage in the short time he was here. It was such a nice treat that is unexpected on a typical day.

Another good thing about him coming home was that he noticed I had a complete flat tire. So he helped me pump it up and followed me to Big O Tires to make sure I made it okay. And since the tires were under warranty I got a bran new tire for nothing. Sometimes things do work out for the good. I guess it was providence that he came how today.
ahhhhhh! You guys are so awesome.
ReplyDelete