I figured since it is Human Rights Day then that applies to me as well. So today I gave myself permission to enjoy this to it's full extent. Some of my rights today included the following:
-The right to sleep in . . late . . even though my kids were already awake and doing their thing.
-The right to skip my workout for the day (I know I shouldn't have but I did anyway).
-The right to eat breakfast after 9:30 and insisting that my son make the scrambled eggs for everyone.
-The right to officially declare it a pajama day.
-The right to let my kids play Nintendo games, Wii games, computer games, and watch movies to their hearts content (I even joined them).
-The right to to eat lunch whenever we wanted and to eat whatever we wanted (every man for himself)
-The right not to work on primary stuff at all during this day.
- The right not to nag, complain or harp on my children to do chores or any such thing like unto it.
-The right not to cook dinner and opt for eating out.
Not a bad day huh? Good thing holidays only come around once in awhile or we wouldn't be such a great contribution to society.
Actually we polished up quite well to go to dinner. Brianna has been into being fancy and Roger and I decided it would be good to have a nice night out to work on our manners and so forth. Roger received a generous gift certificate to Maglebys for teaching a class at BYU. We also had a coupon from the Entertainment Book plus BYU basketball tickets that would allow us to get free slices of chocolate cake. So we were set up well. We all dressed in fancy clothes (well most of us, my teenager has different ideas of dressing up so we decided to choose our battles that night and let her be). We went to the restaurant and I must commend my children because they all did very well. They kept their napkins on their laps, their elbows off the table and their voices at a good decibel level. We enjoyed good conversation and food. I would deem the dinner a great success. We went to the bookstore afterward which is always a joy for the whole family. I hope to have many more of these types of evenings in the future.
Yet one more reason why we love your family. Ya'll are so stinkin' cool!
ReplyDelete