Disneyland

Disneyland

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Food, Friends and Fun!


Roger and I have been feeling incredibly blessed lately in our lives. We have so much to be thankful for and we have so many wonderful friends. We decided to have a dinner party at our house and invite some of our favorites.

The Teerlinks, Millingtons, Hammners, Wheelers, and Longs all came over on a beautiful spring evening. It was threatening rain all day but held out until our get together was over. It was a nice 70 degrees, perfect for visiting and for the children to play.

Roger spent the day smoking pork to make pulled pork sandwiched. He also made three different kinds of barbecue sauces to go along with it. He learned that many people like coleslaw on pulled pork sandwiches so after some research he found a suitable recipe. It wasn't your typical coleslaw recipe. It was vinegar based and it was delicious. Is definitely complimented the sandwich.


Everyone contributed with the wonderful meal. There were pasta salads, deviled eggs, chips, cookie, caramel brownies and peanut butter bars. Everything was so wonderful.

We had such a marvelous time and I just couldn't help but think about how just a few years ago we didn't know any of these people. I often feel that we were lead to Jacob's Ranch to live and now I know it to be true. We are so blessed to live here, to associate with such amazing people and to have our children have so many great friends.

The kids played redneck horseshoes, jumped on the trampoline, played wiffle baseball, swung on the swings and even went horny toad hunting.
The adults visited and laughed and just enjoyed one anothers company.

















Baseball fun.








Hunting for lizards in the field.

































Poor Scott Teerlink ended up in a wrestling match with the kids. In spite of being outnumbered, I think the swat guy won.








Overall we were pleased with our get-together and Roger thought it was his best pulled pork ever. I hope we are able to do many more of these type of things this summer.













No comments:

Post a Comment