Disneyland

Disneyland

Monday, May 18, 2009

Alyssa's singing recital



Alyssa has always had a beautiful voice and she loves to sing. Unfortunately I do not have much natural music talent and so we had to look elsewhere for a little more help. Alyssa has been taking private singing lessons from Anna Butler, a lady in our ward.


She has helped Alyssa understand music better and how to read the notes etc. I can hear improvement in just the short amount of time that she has been taking lessons.

This past Saturday, they had a music performance to show off their hard work. Alyssa was extremely nervous, more than I thought she would be, and yet she did very well. I hope that she will continue practicing and enjoying music. I can see her do musical theatre sometime in the future. I can't imagine having some musical talent in my family to go along with all the athletic events. It would be nice to be a little more well rounded.
I was going to post a video of her performance here but apparently the file is too big. I will have to see if Roger can help me compress it in order for everyone to enjoy her talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment