So this was a great last game. We beat the other team 32 to 18. Normally I don't focus on the score a whole lot but today it was such a boost for our team. Ryan scored 6 points and had numerous rebounds. One of his other strengths is defense. He does an excellent job guarding his man. He looks like he has potential to be a decent future basketball player which will make his mother quite happy.
Right now he is at a team pizza party at his coach's house (Bart Gardiner who is also our neighbor and dentist). There he will get his medal for the year. It is sad to see the season end and yet we now have soccer and baseball right around the corner to look forward to . .
So yesterday was an exciting and frustrating day all wrapped into one. I took Brianna in to see Dr. Pack (next to Daddy's office) to have her stitches removed. She was looking forward to being rid of them once and for all. However, her tune soon changed as the Dr. brought out the scissors. She let me know that she changed her mind and didn't want them out after all.
I tried every trick of persuasion in the book to no avail. Everytime he got close she started
Needless to say, we got them all out . . almost. There are still a few more in but we just couldn't get to them. I didn't know whether to feel sorry for her or just laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. She insisted that it hurt worse than actually squashing her finger in the first place (whatever). And she later apologized for hitting daddy, but assured me that he stilled loved her anyway. (Which is true seeing how he still bought her icecream inspite of her non-cooperation). In her prayers last night she said "Thank you for letting me get my stitches out even though I screamed the whole time". Well I am thankful it is pretty much over. I am also grateful to patient doctors that know what they are doing. Hopefully (knock on wood) we will avoid this kind of thing for a long awhile.
Awesome job Kristin for blogging today! I'm so proud. I usually don't have time until after everyone is in bed.
ReplyDeleteKudos to Ryan for his big win. It's nice to have some success, isn't it? Especially when you're smaller than others? Great job.
I believe the Here! Here! goes to you and Roger and not so much Brianna. (Sorry.) I cannot imagine what it would take to hold down a kid who was NOT PUTTING UP WITH THIS FOOLISHNESS. We haven't been down that road yet. Yet is the operative word.
And yet you were level headed enough to snap a photo with your camera and not "snap with your camera" if you know what I mean. LOL
Kris, Trent here- I remember having to take Tyler to Instacare for stitches on his chin at this age.
ReplyDeleteHe had been flopping like a fish in the tub before dinner one night. The flopping stopped suddenly and he ended up at the table dressed in jammies. We had prayer and started handing out platets. One of the kids that was with us at the time thought Tyler had ketchup on his clothes and chin.... not the case. He had split his chin open on the tub. Since he wasn't supposed to be jumping/flopping, he quickly got out and joined us, not knowing he had a bleeding gash on his face.
Needless to say, I took him straight to Instacare. Once there, they had to inject a pain killer directly into the wound and stitch it up. It killed me to watch my little fish lie there screaming, tears running down his face. I could only hold his hand as the nurse and doctor had to get in close to try and keep the stitches small to avoid large scarring.
He held still though. When we went back in to have them removed, he had a flashback to the actual stitching, but he got through that part okay. Needless to say, we didn't have to scold him for flopping in the tub anymore!