There hasn't been anything of monumental importance to write about these last few days. Right now I am sitting outside, fighting off an ocular migraine and soaking up the sun as fast as it will let me. The last few days have been beautiful with temperatures in the upper 60's. We have all loved it. The kids have played outside non-stop and are so exhausted by the end of the day that they just drop into their beds.
The other day, the kids helped me with our first yard work of the new year. It felt so great to get out in the dirt, and pull weeds and prepare the garden for early plantings. It just lifts my spirits to see the new growth on the plants. To see life again after such a long winter is so refreshing. I have always loved the fall, it has been my favorite season forever. But as I grow older, spring is starting to take it's place. I love what it represents . . new life and fresh starts. And as a mother is means that the kids are no longer on top of each other in the house. They can get fresh air, stretch their legs and play until the sun sets. It is wonderful!!
Brianna and I went sandal shopping the other day. I love sandals. I am not a huge shoe fan (kind of weird for a girl) but I adore sandals. I love the freedom that sandals bring. I also love that when my kids wear them, I don't have to wash as many socks or constantly have to help them put them on. Brianna picked out some fancy gold sandals with jewels. Perfect for a princess.
I could not agree more with your thoughts on spring. I love the last vestiges of summer/early fall when the garden is going gang busters, but spring is so exciting to see everything growing green after all the white and brown of our forever winter. I'm actually going to probably miss my tulips and trees in bloom in April, you'll have to come take pictures for me!
ReplyDelete