Disneyland

Disneyland

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Redemption

Last year due to some confusion on the school district's part, a test too early, and a stubborn woman, Brianna did not get into the A.L.L. program.  This was so shocking and disappointing to say the least.  We struggled with the outcome for a long time knowing that Brianna not only belonged but needed to be in that program.  But we accepted our fate and did our best to make this year the best possible.  It turns out that this school year was positive for Brianna in so many ways that I wouldn't change the result.

However,  when testing came around again this year I wasn't sure I wanted us to go through the challenges again.  But Brianna had a different idea about it and wanted to test for it even though she understood that it would be more difficult since she was testing to try for a few coveted spots instead of 30+ spots.  Not to be deterred she took the test and then we waited.  And then we waited some more and more.  Other friends started to get their acceptance letters and yet we did not.  I worried that the outcome was not desirable.  Then one day I got a call from the school saying that there was a letter for Brianna that had been returned due to a wrong address.  What are the chances?  Roger quickly and literally ran over to the school and picked it up.  Here is Brianna's reaction as she read the letter:


It may be hard to tell from the picture but she is smiling because it was great news.  She not only got accepted into the program but scored really high.  It just reconfirmed what we knew all along, that she belongs there.  It was nice to finally be validated of that.

Needless to say, she will be transferring schools next year which will be somewhat difficult.  My other kids did not need to change schools for their A.L.L. which was nice.  Brianna is so friendly though that I am sure it won't be long until she has many good friends there as well.  Though the adjustment may be hard, in the long run this is the best place for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment