Disneyland

Disneyland

Sunday, March 31, 2013

An Easter Mad Scientist Activity


This year we decided to try something new in regards to decoration Easter Eggs.  I decided to try a method using shaving cream and food coloring that I once used years ago to dye scrap book paper.  I figured the concept should be the same so why not try it.  I was able to get cheap supplies at the dollar store and we were ready to roll.

The best part about this method was that each child could have their individual work space right in front of them.  We used cookie sheets and put several dollops of shaving cream on each one.  Then the kids could mix and match colors until their hearts content without interfering with their siblings.  It was wonderful.  The kids had a great time and the combinations of colors were endless.  As the night went on they got more bold in their choices and I had to question the black/grey/brown mix that Alyssa made.  Nonetheless, it showed thier own uniqueness and creativity.  I think this new method is definitely a keeper.
















 The one side-effect of this eggsperiment :) was very colorful fingers.  Not to worry, most of it was gone in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment