Brianna had a truly incredible opportunity these past couple of months of participating in the musical Suessical the Musical Jr.
Now when she told me that she wanted to audition to be in the elementary school musical I imagined a simple and humble production befitting a kid's show. I had no idea the magnitude of what was about to come to pass. Nothing about this whole process indicated that this was going to be a novice production. There were actual auditions, practice twice a week for at least 2 hours at a time, singing practice accompanied by a take home cd, choreography and dance instruction, make up and costumes. I must commend the many ladies that dedicated so much time, work and sacrifice on behalf of my child. It was overwhelming.
Brianna was cast as a jungle animal. She learned all the songs and dances and went to every practice. Those incredible ladies also made sets, did costumes and even applied the make-up to each child. And because of the interest showed by the kids they actually had two full casts that each performed on stage twice.
Tickets were sold, family and friends came, and the musical was incredible. I was so impressed by the caliber of these young people in their singing and acting skills. I enjoyed it so much that I attended both performances. I am so grateful that because of willing and talented people, Brianna was able to participate in something so spectacular.

No comments:
Post a Comment