Disneyland

Disneyland

Saturday, November 20, 2010

"See" a good day

I had a wonderful weekend.  I was able to attend a conference in Salt Lake City, entitled "Time out for Women".  This was a 2 day conference sponsored by Deseret Book with many motivational speakers.  The theme this year was "Infinite Hope".  I was able to attend with friends from my ward and it was an enriching experience.  There was beautiful music and varied talks that all lead back to the same message of hope.  I enjoyed the short escape and being rejuvenated once again.

I especially enjoyed a talked by Amanda Dickson about change and how most of the time it is the best thing for you.  I also loved hearing from Mariama Kallon, a African Woman from Sierra Leone.  She suffered a tragic life in a war torn country and eventually found the church and converted.  She shared her emotional story of how a simple hygiene kit that was given to her gave her hope and blessed the lives of over 20 woman.  Other speakers were Virginia Hinkley Pearce, Brad Wilcox, Linda Eyre, Shawni Eyre Pothier, and Heidi Swinton (the author of President Monson's Biography).  We also heard music from Hilary Weeks and Dallyn Vail Bayles.  There were many great messages.

The last speaker was named Emily Freeman and I really enjoyed her talk.  Her main theme was instead of achieving the common phrase of "have a good day" we should learn to "see a good day".  In other words, there are good things all around us and we don't always recognize them for how good they truly are.  I liked her perspective and I have decided to make that a goal.  That I will "see a good day".

This day was a "good" one.  I was enriched with good friends.  Alyssa won her indoor soccer game and she scored 2 goals.  Ryan played his first competitive basketball game and they also won.  Plus Ryan did well and liked it.  Brianna scored in her basketball game and had fun.  People stepped up to help me in the day so that I could get away.  Roger supported me in desire to attend this conference.  At the end of the day, we enjoyed a nice quiet evening together as a family.  I saw a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment