Disneyland

Disneyland

Sunday, November 21, 2010

My New Tree


Since the majority of our Christmas activities take place downstairs, that is where most of our Christmas decorations are placed.  In past years our living room has looked quite bare for this reason.  So I decided it was time to get a "mommy" tree.  You know, it is the kind of tree that only mommies' decorate and actually has matching ornaments.  So last year I purchased a pre-lit tree on clearance.  However,  I did not buy any decorations, thus I had to start from scratch this year.

I don't consider myself a very good decorator.  I can copy things but I am just not very good at envisioning my own creations.  But,  I had a plan in mind for this tree.  So I called my mom and off we went in search of the perfect decorations.  It was a perfect distraction as it was the 1 year anniversary of my grandmother's passing.  I knew that she would want us to be happy and do something fun so that is what we did.  I had a wonderful time with my mother and she has a talent for creating things.




We had a lot of success finding just what I wanted.  I could hardly wait to see the end result.  So, the Sunday before Thanksgiving I put up my tree.  It was snowing outside and it was such a perfect day.  In the end, I was ecstatic about my tree.  I think mainly because I actually had a vision of something and saw it to fruition.   It actually looked like it did in my mind (maybe even better.)




The whole family loves the tree.  It has been such a nice addition to the room and it makes me smile every time I see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment