Disneyland

Disneyland

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Few updates

Life seems to be hurdling by at an outrageous pace so I though I better just list a few noteworthy things from the past week or so.  Here goes:

-We survived another Primary Program.  This was our third one as this presidency and we should be pros by now.  Typically, we were nervous after a crazy practice on Saturday, but the kids came through as always and it was touching to be a part of it.

-Ryan tried out for a competitive basketball team and made it.  As exciting as that is, there will be travel involved and a big time commitment.  We will see how this plays out.

-Alyssa is starting indoor soccer with her team.  Games are in Lindon.

-Brianna also started basketball with the city.  She has an awesome coach and is super excited to play.

-I just got another calling as the "Athletic Director" for the Young Women in our ward.  We are starting our volleyball season this week and I will coach the girls.  I think we will all be living in the gym this winter.

-We had our annual Halloween Family Night/Dinner at the Millingtons house.  As always there was great themed food, fun games and good company.

-Just 3 days before Halloween, we have finally narrowed down Ryan's costume.  Now if we could just figure out what Alyssa wants to be . . .

-We had a game night with the Primary Presidency and their spouses.  It was crazy and fun and I realized how lucky I am to serve with such neat ladies.

-  I learned how to bottle tomatoes with Viv and Nan.

-  I went to a boutique with my mom and sisters for "Mothers Without Borders".  This was the group that my mom went to Africa with to do Humanitarian work.  I bought some neat African Jewelery and a bunch of other fun stuff.

-  I went to an Auction and Banquet for Eagle Condor Humanitarian.  This is the the group my dad is over that goes to Peru.  I was able to score tickets to the Hale Center Theatre for the Christmas Carol in the auction.  I was also able to sit 10 feet away from Jon Schmidt as he played the piano.  It was incredible.  ( I have followed him and loved his music for the last 18 years).  What a treat.

-There is snow on the ground today and I am trying not to be angry about it.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.   I can't recall all that we did or do.  I am just grateful that we have the health and means to do so much.   It is better than the alternative.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are super busy. Goodbye summer, hello social calendar. We were thrilled to spend Monday night with you. You need to teach us more games!

    ReplyDelete