Disneyland

Disneyland

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

I love Halloween.  It is my favorite holiday.  I enjoy the decorations and fall themed activities.  I like candy :).  I look forward to seeing the creativity of all the different costumes.  I love taking pictures with the bold colors set against neutral fall colors.  I enjoying experiencing the enthusiasm of my children and it takes me back to my childhood.  It is such a wonderful time of year.


This year it was difficult to get some decent pictures.  I was only able to snap just a few before it started to rain.  Plus,  I have a teenager that is often doing her "own thing" and often misses the photo shoot.  But, that is to be expected I guess and I will take what I can get.




 

Ryan decided to be a spy this year.  It was a relatively easy costume to create.  He could wear whatever he wanted.  All we had to do was add shades, handcuffs, a briefcase and an ear piece and he was ready to go.



 This year Ryan wanted to go trick or treating alone with his friends.  He prepared by printing out a map of the neighborhood, and had his route all planned out.  (Sounds like a good spy to me).  Here he is with Josh Jones and Dallin Stevens.  Once Tyler Millington arrived, they were off.  It didn't matter that the rain was coming down in sheets.  Nothing was going to stop them from getting their spoils.





 Brianna had a hard time deciding what to be this year.  She just loves everything.  She changed her mind several times before she settled on a lavender butterfly.  She loves butterflies.  We didn't fuss too much with her hair because within 5 minutes the rain would destroy it anyway.  She didn't care though, it was all about the Trick or Treating.  Her and daddy went out alone.  Daddy carried the umbrella over her head to protect his sweetie. 

It didn't take long for Brianna to realize that Trick or Treating with the Bishop was a good thing.  Most everyone insisted on giving the Bishop a treat as well.  Of course, the majority of the treats ended up in Brianna's bucket.  To say she "scored" is a major understatement.



I "happened" into a vampire costume so I dressed up as well.  (I am missing my neck piece in this picture which really makes the costume, but oh well).  It was fun answering the door for the kids and to be all dressed up.



Alyssa eventually made an appearance with her friend Amanda.  She was sort of dressed up as Cleopatra.  (She changed her mind so many times that I didn't even know what she was going to be in the end.)

They went to some select houses to get some treats, but mainly just hung out and watched a movie with their friend Kiersten.










The "haul".  The kids did great and even outlasted the rain. 


We got a ton of candy and fortunately with my kids it will last months.  Plus they are always willing to share with their mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment