Disneyland

Disneyland

Friday, February 12, 2010

Making Valentine Cookies

Once again we made our traditional sugar cookies for Valentine's Day.   I usually only make them twice a year, for Valentine's Day and Halloween.  They are just too yummy and we always eat way too much.  By making them only 2 times a year they continue to be a special treat.

I use a recipe that Roger got from a member in the mission field.  We were having a district acitivity.  We made these cookies for Halloween.  Well we were starting a tradition back then without even knowing it.



Brianna is the perfect age to be mommy's helper in the kitchen.  She loved mixing, rolling and cutting the cookies.  I just wish my kids liked to frost and decorate them.  Roger and I usually have to do that by ourselves.

 
"Mission" Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 C. sugar
1C. shortening
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 C. milk
4 C. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! All my kids really want to do is the decorating and frosting (and eating) of the cookies. (Okay, my kids want to do all stages, but are passionate about the frosting.) So ya'll bake 'em and we'll frost 'em and then we can all devour together. (Like a sane adult eats a cookie a child "frosts.")

    ReplyDelete