Disneyland

Disneyland

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The BIG 40

Yes I am 40.  Wow.  I never imagined 40.  I am not sure what I thought it would feel like but it isn't so bad.  Yes, my body tires more easily, and I get aches and pains for no apparent reason.  And yet, life is wonderful.  It is so nice to be established, have your own home, enjoy the company of the sweet little family of your own making, and having a peace from understanding who you are and what is truly important.  I will embrace this time, in spite of the number!

At our family dinner, I was presented with a variety of things that I love.  There were 40 of everything.  It was a sweet surprise and fun for me.

Roger took the day off for my birthday and we played, shopped and enjoyed a wonderful lunch.  It was a great day full of phone calls from family and friends, visits from loved ones, and overall spoiling.


Isn't this a lovely cake that my friend Leslie made for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment