Disneyland

Disneyland

Sunday, September 26, 2010

No Words

I entitled this post "No Words"  because no matter what I write it won't do it justice for the events of this past weekend.  But I will attempt to give a brief summary of one of the most amazing, emotionally draining, spiritual and heartbreaking couple of days.

First off, the ward had the funeral for John Pearson this past Friday.  This was Roger's first funeral as a Bishop and he was exceptionally nervous.  Thankfully, he got to know Brother Pearson quite well as his home teacher before his cancer ever came to be.  He felt like he knew him enough that he could offer something about him.

John was a member of the Tabernacle Choir years ago and has written over 180 hymns.  Over 80 of them he collaborated with Janice Kapp Perry.  His music was beautifully written.  So about 1/3rd of the Choir, the choir organist, the director and President of the choir attended and sang at his funeral.   This was astounding.  The room was filled with the voices of angels and the spirit was so strong.   Then came time for Roger to speak.  Luckily, one of my friends willingly left to pick up the carpool so that I could hear his words.  I marveled at the man who delivered that talk.  It was exceptional.  I always knew I married a great man but at that moment I could see his true potential and the powerful servant of God that he is today.  Incredible.  The talk was perfect and my love for him grew tenfold that day.

I included a letter from the President of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and I think it speaks for itself.

But Roger's day wasn't over yet.  After the cemetery, he rushed home to take Ryan and some other boys to the Father and Son's camp out.  It is hosted by the Bishopric and as drained as Roger was after that day,  he put a smile on and off he went.

I think it was successful,  Ryan surely enjoyed it.  Well the moment he got home the phone started ringing and there was all kind of catastrophes happening in the ward.  I didn't see my husband that day as he was dealing with these different issues.

Due to the sensitive nature of these issues,  I know very little about the events of the day.  But I do know enough to know that my husband was being directed step by step by the Lord.  In all of his life,  he has never had to deal with some of the things he dealt with that day.  I don't know how he did it.  But I know that lives were seriously saved  and changed because he was was in tune with the spirit and righteous enough to listen. 

This has been a super rough week.  One of the hardest ever as a Bishop.  Come to think of it, the whole year has been challenging.  But I can speak without a shadow of doubt that Roger is supposed to be the Bishop of this ward at this time.  He is a great man,  and I will forever be grateful that I married him and that he is the father of my children.  We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment