Disneyland

Disneyland

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Camp Out Fun

The kids have been desiring to go camping for some time now.  Since Roger isn't a big camper and time is hard to come by, we did the next best thing.  We had a camp-out in our own back yard.  Tyler and Jocelyn came over to help make it more official (and fun of course).

The boy scouts set up the tent, and they did a mighty fine job.  Then they searched out sticks to carve to use for marshmellow roasting.  The girls played on the tramp and swings and eventually entertained themselves with wildpuff flowers (like glorified dandilions although I don't know their name.)

It was an idealic and perfect summer evening.

Eventually we built a fire in our make-shift cookie tray fire pit and roasted marshmellows until everyone had full tummies and sticky hands.

The kids slept well in the tent and I slept okay with Alyssa on the deck.  I can handle these type of camp-outs with running water, flushable toilets and every other ammenity at our fingertips.  I can imagine this won't be our last camp-out of the summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment