Disneyland

Disneyland

Friday, May 28, 2010

Last Day of School


Today was the last day of school.  The kids were excited, a little sad and a little unsure of how to kick of the fun.  So I decided it would be great to go and do a photo shoot at an old abandoned house.  I have been wanting to take them there for awhile but just haven't been able to find the time.

Well the kids were thrilled to go (not really) and I had to bribe them.  We first went to Applebees for lunch and had an enjoyable time reminiscing about the year.  Then it was off to take the pictures.  Of course, they still weren't thrilled, but after an offered bribe of shakes from JCWs they complied.

I was pretty pleased with the outcome of the photos in spite of the terrible, windy, cloudy weather and mismatched clothes.  The kids don't realize how lucky they are to be able to have such nice quality photos (if I do say so myself).  Maybe someday they will appreciate it.  I have really started to master my camera and maximize the many options that is has available to use.  Plus I received some good help and tips from Katie Price, a lady in our ward, that takes excellent photos.  I am feeling pretty good about my skills.  Now if I could just have willing models :)





Anyway, it was a nice day and the kids loved their huge shakes.  Afterwards we went and visited Grandpa's new kitten which is so exciting in their opinion. 

I enjoyed this day with my children and I hope that it is a glimpse of things to come this summer.  I anticipate having a lot of fun going to new places and doing fun and creative activities.  I value this time with my children and realize that it won't last forever.  As much as I love school, I am looking forward to summer. 

1 comment:

  1. You certainly are taking beautiful pictures. Some of your children's poses capture their personalities perfectly. I can almost imagine the words that would issue out of their lips right after you snapped some of these. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete