Needless to say, we have been quite busy. Here are a few highlights from the last couple of weeks.
-We attended New Beginnings with Alyssa. It was a nice evening centered around Personal Progress. Alyssa is about half way done with her Personal Progress goals which is commendable since she has only been in the Young Women's program a little over a year.
-Ryan had his last basketball game of the season. Roger bribed him with a donut if he accomplished certain things during the game and Ryan played out of his head. He had something like 22 rebounds, 8 points and I don't know how many steals. It was a great game to end a good season.
-I got my yearly strept throat and was down for a couple of days. It wasn't fun and yet my kids are a lot more self sufficient and helpful when I am sick now. We muddled through it and thanks to a wonderful shot in the behind I was up and running before too long.
-Saint Patricks Day came and went. I did go and help in Brianna's class. We made rainbow toast and the kids thought it was pretty cool.
-The Young Women had Bishop appreciation week and Roger was innodated with lovely thank you cards. It is nice to know that he is appreciated.
-We had Stake Conference this past weekend and the adult session was outstanding. I was once again recharged and thankful for the spiritual upliftment that I received.
-Roger attempted for the first time to make homemade tortillas. They came out a little like navajo tacos but the kids thought they were pretty great.
-Roger and I celebrated the end of our diet by going to The Cheesecake Factory. Kind of an oxymoron but we had a gift card and it is one of my favorite restaurants. I love the corn cakes and I always get the Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp. I don't even care if I have cheesecake because the rest of the food is so tasty.
-Inspite of splurging at The Cheesecake Factory, we ended our diets with great success. Roger lost 23 pounds and I lost 16. Not bad for 4 weeks.
-We attended a fundraiser banquet for Eagle-Condor. We enjoyed yummy food, good company and made donations towards the projects in Peru. Having been there now, I feel much stronger about reaching out to those people, especially the kids. I also got to see some of the group I traveled with to Peru, which was kind of fun.
-We had our monthly family dinner which was nice and came to a decision of where we will go for our summer vacation together. We will be at a place call Ponderosa Ranch near Zions Park. I can't wait for summer.
-Another term ended and Alyssa once again got a 4.0. Ryan and Brianna were equally as successful in their studies.
-We did have a few days of decent weather last week. There was sunshine and it was close to 60 degrees. Everyone loved it. The kids played outside until they were exhausted. I was able to do quite a bit of yard work, cleaning out my flower beds from the winter. I love the smell of spring and being able to get my hands dirty. I even worked on my garden. I was able to plant cold-weather vegetables, as well as sugar snap peas and carrots. I am still fighting those darn deer though, and am not sure how successful my garden will be.
-Even though it was barely 60 degrees, Brianna thought it was sweltering. She changed into her new swimsuit and ran around the yard. Because I was fertilizing the grass, I told her she couldn't be out in her barefeet. So she went inside and found a pair of rubber gloves and put them on her feet. She looked like a duck walking around. I guess it is time to buy some sandals. The best was when she put on her winter boots, with her swimsuit, and rode down the street on her scooter. Oh what do the neighbors think??
Well that is about the long and short of it all. Onward and upward.
Brianna is darling! What an outfit!
ReplyDeleteBusy month --how on earth can you feel like it's dragging? The days on your calendar have to be flipping by a hundred miles an hour.
I'm so jealous of my incredible shrinking friend. You inspire me. Okay, you inspire envy. What a friend, now I have ONE MORE THING to repent for.
Missing your family. Maybe we can plan something for spring break? Even if it's just sleepovers if an outing won't work. Pencil us in! Or at least me. :)